NAME THE BAND!
Making up band names is a lot of fun… but deciding on THE band name is tricky. Especially when all the good ones always seem to be taken. My first novel Reprobation features a Norwegian death metal band called Total Depravity. They named themselves after one of the pillars of the Calvinist Christianity that frontman Mikko Kristensen professes to despise.. but with which he is strangely obsessed.
In my forthcoming novel Total Depravity is back, but they have a sinister new support band. A band which, according to Mikko, ‘makes Total Depravity look like a fucking pop group.’
This satanic black metal band has a terrifying gimmick. Or is it just a gimmick?
The competition winner will see their band name used in the book, and will also win signed copies of Reprobation and Consuming Fire, plus a merchandise pack.
To give you a clue, here’s the blurb for Sound. You saw it here first!
But if you know your black metal, you’ll be fine 😉 I can’t wait to see everyone’s suggestions!
MUSIC CAN KILL…
There’s a bad vibe in the air.
A professor of psychoacoustics is found dead in his office after an apparent heart attack. When a second acoustician dies the following day in similar circumstances, a police investigation is launched. Meanwhile, there’s an outbreak of mysterious illnesses on a council estate, and outbursts of unexplained violence in a city centre nightclub. Not to mention strange noises coming from the disused railway tunnels underneath Liverpool. Can it really be a coincidence that death metal band Total Depravity are back in the city, waging their own form of sonic warfare?
Detective Inspector Darren Swift is convinced there are connections. Still grieving his fiancé’s death and sworn to revenge, he is catapulted back into the action on the trail of a murderer with a terrifying and undetectable weapon.
But this case cannot be solved using conventional detective work, and DI Swift will need to put the rulebook aside and seek the occult expertise of Dr. Helen Hope and her unlikely sidekick, guitarist Mikko Kristensen.
You can’t escape the noise. Only the memory of silence can comfort you. Or death itself.
Terms & Conditions:
- The promoter is CATHERINE FEARNS whose registered office is GENEVA, SWITZERLAND.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and abroad, aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Closing date for entry will be Monday 11th March at midnight GMT. After this time and date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There is no cash alternative.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- To enter, simply reply to the author’s competition tweet with your suggestion.
- You can enter as many times as you like.
- The author will choose a winner and announce it on twitter on Tuesday 12th March.
- The winner will have their bandname used in the forthcoming novel, ‘Sound’, subject to copyright checks and agreement between winner and author.
- The winner and two runners-up will win signed copies of ‘Reprobation’ and ‘Consuming Fire’ plus merchandise packs, to be mailed by the author following private exchange of postal addresses.
- Black metal can be controversial! Any replies which the author deems offensive will result in disqualification and blocking. This is a nice competition, so be nice!